Their Baby Daughter Was Trapped Home Alone When Their Pet Dog Made The Ultimate Sacrifice 6k

A mother from Baltimore, Maryland has just gone through a very frightening and heartbreaking ordeal. She recently lost her beloved dog, who she saw as her first baby, in a blazing house fire as she stepped outside to get something from her vehicle. Her 8-month-old daughter was trapped on the second floor of the house and there seemed to be no way in to save her in time, her attempts left her burned and couldn’t force her way up.

Erika Poremski says that she could hear her daughter crying but was left unable to do anything but call the authorities for help, by which time her daughter would have surely passed by then.

When the fire department arrived, they went in and found the family dog, Polo, lying on top over the baby, as to protect her from the flames and fumes, and in doing so sacrificing its own life to save hers

“He stayed with her the whole time in the bedroom and wouldn’t even come downstairs to get out the door,” said Poremski.

They found the daughter not breathing but were able to quickly review her as her lungs were mostly still clean and fume-free. She also suffered some severe burns but the fire-fighters went on to say that if it wasn’t for the dogs heroic actions, her daughter would not be alive today.

Unfortunately, Polo did not survive the fire. “He was my first baby and now I lost him,” Poremski said.

Incredible Olympic Athlete Auctions Off His Silver Medal To Pay For Boy’s Life Saving Cancer Treatment
Spoiled Teen Flips Off The Judge In The Middle Of Her Case At Court And It Doesn’t End Well For Her!